I initially posted on my Facebook profile on January 26, 2009. I'm reposting it here on my blog:
Once, you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25
random things. At the end, you choose 25 people to be tagged. You have
to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want
to know more about you.
(To do this, go to "notes" under tabs on your profile page, paste these
instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25
people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
I don't normally do this, but, out of respect for the people who have
tagged me, I'll give it a go. Also, many of the people I tagged have
tagged me in their list of 25 things.
1. I am 6' 2" and weigh 220 lbs. While far from overweight, I would like
to get down to 210 lbs. I also would also like to get up to 6' 6", but
that's much harder to do.
2. I am left handed. It is a hard world for us south paws.
3. I have never broken a bone in my body.
4. I had lasik surgery a few months ago, and it was the BEST money I
have ever spent. I went from having extremely poor vision to better than
5. I do not smoke, and I very rarely drink.
6. I am not an emotional person. I think it is because I always feared
that if I allowed myself to love something, then it would hurt too much
if it was taken away. However, I have allowed myself to be completely
emotionally exposed to four people: my wife, my two sons, and my
daughter. They are the only people on the planet I love with total
abandonment and with no reservations at all.
7. Because of #6, I would be completely devastated if I lost my wife or any of my children. Beyond repair.
8. I truly believe that I married the most exceptional woman in the
world. She is beautiful, has a fantastic body (even after three
children!), is extremely intelligent and totally supportive. Nothing
makes me feel better than making her happy, and, conversely, nothing
makes me feel worse than letting her down.
9. I have been blessed with wonderful children, and I want to raise them to reach the unlimited potential I see in them.
10. I am not as close to my extended family as I would like to be or know that I should be.
11. Until very recently, the most famous person I have ever shaken hands
with was former President Jimmy Carter. That changed when I shook hands
with Warren Buffet a few weeks ago.
12. I have been to all of the seven continents except for South America and Antarctica.
13. I have experienced racism in various forms throughout my life, but
the most vivid experience was when I was a Resident Assistant at Jester
Dorm at The University of Texas at Austin during my senior year. Someone
taped a lewd picture of three figures on my door. The figure on the
left was labeled "You", the figure in the middle was bending over and
was labeled "Your Girlfriend", and the figure on the right was doing
something unpleasant to the figure in the middle and was labeled "Me".
The note said at the bottom, "Why is a nigger like you trying to get an
electrical engineering degree? You should go back to being a criminal".
Needless to say, I was more motivated than ever to complete my degree
which I did a few months later.
14. My dream job is be the CIO of a Fortune 500 company.
15. My other dream job is to be a technology journalist. Hopefully, I can eventually do this and #14.
16. I have a fraternal twin brother named Antuan. Consequently, I have
been called Antuan all of my life and readily answer to it.
17. I love love love technology. It is my one weakness. If I had
infinite wealth, I would spend 90% of it on technology (just work
through that for a minute).
18. What do I consider the coolest technology? You know those cans of
biscuits that you peel the label off and they pop open? HOW COOL IS
THAT?!?! I would work as a biscuit can popper tester, but I don't think
they make a lot of money.
19. Just as a warning, my 25th thing will be about my worst job, and it
contains a disgusting piece of information. Don't read the last item
unless you are prepared to be grossed out.
20. When I was a child, I would wrap a towel around my neck and jump off
of the roof of my parent's house in my underwear. I always thought I
would eventually fly like Superman. I never did. Which makes #3 even
21. I have never been drunk. Or high. To my knowledge. No seriously, I have never been.
22. I am concerned that my desire to be a completely ethical and honest
business person will keep me from maximizing my success in the
professional world. However, I am fine with that limitation.
23. I have never had a lucid dream, but I very badly want to have one.
24. I don't consider this a "job", but one major life goal I have is to become a published author.
25. My worst job was as a dishwasher in a nursing home when I was 14
years old. Many of the residents suffered from dementia and would take
wrappers from Hershey's Kisses and wrap their feces in it as a nice
silvery gift for us on the kitchen staff. Needless to say, this
motivated me to go to college and not have to deal with such things.
Unfortunately, I have often had to deal with feces of a different sort
as a business person. Sorry if you are eating while reading this,
especially if it is chocolate. I tried to warn you.